Hospice care aims to make your loved one as comfortable as possible. So, the idea of including physical therapy seems out of touch, considering that physical therapy aims at rehabilitation.
But as providers of hospice care in San Antonio Texas and elsewhere will tell you, physical therapy is a common and recommended addition to their care as they share more common goals than what is obvious. Some of these goals include:
- Symptom management and control
- Maximization of the remaining functional abilities
- Patient education
- And more
As providers of hospice care and home health care in San Antonio Texas ourselves at Four Seasons Hospice, we see these shared goals in action every day. Here are some of the specific ways this is evident:
- Pain management and relief
- Management of edema
- Endurance training and techniques to conserve energy
- Positioning to prevent pressure sores, prevent contractures, and assist with breathing and digestion
- Gait training, transfers, stair climbing
We hope the above list encourages you to seek a provider that has hospice care on its roster.
If you haven’t found yours yet, you would be happy to know that our very own hospice and senior care in San Antonio Texas includes physical therapy as part of our hospice care package. Get in touch with us to know more.